This was one of the buildings on the campus of Red Wing Seminary. The educational mission at Red Wing Seminary eventually encompassed a nine-year program: a two-year academy, a fou- year college department, and a three year seminary. With the 1917 merger of the Hauge Synod into the Norwegian Lutheran Church, the seminary department was merged into Luther Theological Seminary in St. Paul. The college department was merged into St. Olaf College in Northfield, Minnesota, and St. Olaf's academy was merged into Red Wing. The academy struggled into the 1920s and the buildings, like this one, were used for other educational purposes into the 1930s when hard economic times forced the closing of the campus. Back of photograph reads: Red Wing Seminary, Red Wing, Minnesota.
Norwegian American Lutheranism, Red Wing Seminary (Hauge Synod, 1879-1917), Luther Seminary (1994-present)